The Exploratory Lab is freely available for use by BYU Department of Chemistry & Biochemistry students.
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, masks must be worn and social distancing must be practiced inside the Exploratory Lab.
Further, the Exploratory Lab is currently closed to walk-ins.
The Exploratory Lab is a lab serving Chem 101, 102 and 105. The Lab provides students the opportunity to experience chemistry hands-on.
Click here for the Lab's (2019) hours of operation.
Location: 175 Nicholes Building (NICB)
Rules of Use
- Always wear the goggles provided by the Lab.
- Do not wear shorts or open-toed shoes in the Lab.
- Do not bring food into the Lab.
- Clean up your work before leaving the Lab.
- Do not enter the Lab within 30 minutes of the Lab's closing.
- Do not start new experiments within 15 minutes of the Lab's closing.
- Read the Exploratory Lab Manual.