COVID-19 Department Policy and Reporting
BYU COVID-19 Report Form
Department of Chemistry & Biochemistry COVID-19 Case Policy
At all times:
- Practice proper hygiene at all times; this includes frequent hand-washing, minimal face-touching, and handling items with clean hands.
- Sanitize frequently used and shared items and surfaces before and after use.
Masks are now optional in classrooms and other indoor spaces on campus, except in certain situations as directed.
Click on the following to travel to a fuller description: BYU Health Center guidelines.
This link and more (all related to health and safety) may be found under the Safety tab of this website.
- Individuals who are symptomatic and awaiting a test result should self-isolate.
- Adults (18+) who are not experiencing symptoms BUT are more than 6 months removed from a Pfizer or Moderna vaccine OR more than 2 months removed from a Johnson & Johnson vaccine OR unvaccinated against COVID-19 should quarantine at home for 5 days from the day they were exposed to COVID-19.
- These individuals should wear a mask for 10 days following the exposure to COVID-19.
- Report your positive COVID-19 diagnosis to BYU by completing the official BYU COVID-19 Self-Reporting Form
- Stay home for 5 days.
- If you have no symptoms or your symptoms are resolving after 5 days, you can leave your house.
- Continue to wear a mask around others for 5 additional days.
Last updated March 24 2022