Policies and Forms
The following policies govern to whom and how the Inorganic Stockroom makes sales.
- Charges Process
- Chemical Sales
- The Inorganic Stockroom supplies chemicals only for Chem 107, Chem 111, Chem 113, Chem 223, Chem 227, and Chem 518.
- Student Requirements
- Undergraduate students in labs must pay a general fee that includes lab kits, gloves, chemicals, chem-wipes, and disposable glassware (ex: pipettes and test tubes). Students are responsible for replacing any broken or missing glassware in their lab drawer at the end of the semester.
The following policies endeavor to ensure Inorganic Stockroom customer and employee safety.
- General Lab Safety
- Food and drink are not permitted in lab spaces at any time or for any reason.
- Only students currently enrolled in lab classes are allowed in labs.
- Personal protective equipment must be worn at all times in the lab (minimum safety being splash goggles, long pants, and close-toed shoes). Goggles and lab coats can be rented from the Stockroom for $1 and $4, respectively.
- Safety Data Sheets
- Safety data sheets are available under the Safety tab of this website as well as in the Stockroom and are used to catalogue chemicals used in labs.
- General Injury Report
- Students who check into a drawer must also check out of the drawer. If a student fails to do so and abandons their locker, a $30 fee will be charged to their account.