As a fittingly rigorous project meant to showcase four years worth of work, all BYU Department of Chemistry & Biochemistry undergraduates submit a student portfolio before graduating.
While students' classes and the Department Chair's secretary will remind students, it is ultimately the responsibility of the students to turn in their portfolio before graduation.
After completing the elements listed below, email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Student Portfolio Elements
- Initial Essay
- This essay is completed in CHEM 227.
- Independent Project Report
- This report is completed in CHEM 227.
- Research/Review Essay
- This report is completed in CHEM 391.
- Research Writing/Work Sample
- In the past, undergraduates have turned in projects from lab work or, in the case of Chemistry Education minors, lesson plans made for student teaching.
- Advanced Lab Report
- The Advanced Lab Report may be work from any advanced lab beyond CHEM 354. If you do not have advanced lab experience, another lab report, such as a report from CHEM 497R, is acceptable.
- Final Essay
- This essay is completed in CHEM 495.
Last updated 1 September 2020